Music Drives Us Grant Disclosures
The maximum amount that Music Drives Us grants is $10,000.
- The person who completes the grant application must be the individual requesting funding or instruments. Applications may not be submitted by someone else on behalf of a teacher or school/organization. The grant applicant will be the primary point of contact.
- It is imperative to the application process that the head administrator of your school or organization is aware that you are applying for this grant and what the grant would be specifically supporting.
- If you have received a grant from Music Drives Us in the past, please wait 3 years before reapplying.
- Emails and phone numbers must go directly to the points of contact. Personal emails and phone numbers are acceptable. Please do not provide the main phone number for the school/organization. If using a phone number within the school/organization, please include the extension.
- Please provide the address for the school/organization that the requested instruments or funding will be delivered to. Instruments and checks will not be delivered to homes or personal addresses.
- While we ask for the Tax Exempt Number or Tax ID Number in the application, please keep in mind that if you are awarded a grant, Music Drives Us will ask for a copy of the school/organization’s W-9 Form. This is standard procedure. Likewise, if you have been awarded a Performance Grant, please note we will not send you a 1099 form.
- If you have requested funding for instruments, and your request is approved, the instruments on your wish list will be purchased by Music Drives Us through our own vendor. If the preferred brand is unattainable, we will purchase a comparable alternative. We will not cut checks to be used towards alternate vendors.
- Music Drives Us tries to coordinate grant site visits with as many grant recipients as our schedule permits. We greatly appreciate your understanding if we are unable to make a visit to your school/organization.
- Please keep in mind that Music Drives Us does not conduct site visits to schools/organizations that are not grant recipients.
- Due to the volume of applications being handled during the review process, decisions can take up to three (3) months. All applicants will be notified once final decisions are made.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!