Grant Application Frequently Asked Questions
Common Grant Application Questons
- How many grant cycles does Music Drives Us have per year?
Subscribe to our Facebook page and Twitter account for updates on grants and events.
- How will I know if my application is complete?
Log into your on-line grant application and choose your existing application for the current term. You will see line items letting you know if your application is "Complete" or "Unfinished." Once your grant application is complete, your grant will automatically be submitted for funding consideration.
- What is the average size of your grants?
The average grant size is $5,000.
- Is there a maximum I should ask for?
The maximum we suggest you request is $10,000. With such high demand for funding and so many grant applicants, Music Drives Us looks to support as many organizations as possible as we look to make the greatest impact possible.
- Is it possible that a portion of our request will be funded?
Yes, it is possible the foundation will fund a portion of what you are requesting provided that Music Drives Us feels that the funds will make an impact.
- When can we reapply if we were denied funding?
If you were denied funding you can reapply again in the next cycle. See Question 1.
- When can we reapply if we were awarded funding?
If you are awarded funding we ask that you wait three full years before requesting additional funds.
- I’m not sure if our mission is a fit for your grants, where can I get more info?
The front page of all three grants has our grant guidelines clearly stated. Please check each one to make sure you fill out the correct application and that you fulfill our music funding guidelines. We fund a variety of different music missions for people of all ages in the private and public sector, so chances are your mission is a fit for our organization and we look forward to learning more about how you use music as a tool for positive change.
- Am I allowed to send in supplemental information to accompany my application?
Yes. Please be considerate when sending in additional information to support your grant request. We receive a lot of grant applications and ask that you keep the additional submissions to one or two documents max. We will not be able to return the items to you due to the sheer volume of items received.
- Send additional pieces to:
Director of Development and Special Events
Music Drives Us
111 Morse St
Norwood, MA 02062
- Will someone from Music Drives Us do a site visit?
Music Drives Us conducts site visits to the organizations who are funded and supported by Music Drives Us. We do not conduct site visits prior to funding an organization
- Does Music Drives Us offer sponsorship opportunities? Due to sheer volume of requests, Music Drives Us only fulfills approved grant requests.